College Transitions

Are you interested in going to college, but need to improve your math, reading or writing skills in order to be successful?

Whether you are still working on your high school diploma, are a recent graduate, or have been out of school for a long time and need to brush up on your skills, VAL has services to help you successfully transition into college.

Are you still working on your High School Diploma?12541125_908805459188664_3820712920405182194_n

As a current High School Completion Program (HSCP) student, you are able to try out college by taking 2 college classes as part of your graduation plan. Your plan manager will help ensure that you graduate with the skills you need to succeed in college.

Have you graduated from high school, but still need to build your skills to succeed in college?

If you have a high school diploma, but still lack 12th grade skills in reading, writing or math, you are eligible for adult education services. Contact your local learning center for an assessment. After assessment, you will be placed in an appropriate class that matches your skill level and personal goal.

Have you struggled with the Accuplacer?

VAL accepts referrals from the Community College of Vermont (CCV) if an Accuplacer score is below 40. We encourage adults that have been out of school to check-out our basic, intermediate, and more advanced skills classes prior to college entry. Classes are free.

Contact your local Vermont Adult Learning Center to learn more.